Mia's Kitchen Cabernet Chocolate Cake
- ¼ cup mia's kitchen cabernet wine reduction (see below)
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla simple syrup
- ¾ cup boiling water
- One bowl of butter cream frosting with cabernet wine reduction sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and four two 9-inch cake pans or one 13X9X2 inch baking pan.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water with hot wine sauce (batter will be thin). Poor batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35-40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely, (Cake may be left in rectangular pan, if desired.) Frost with One Bowl of Butter Cream Frosting. 8-10 servings
- Mia's Kitchen Wine Reduction Sauce
- Mia's Kitchen Balsamic Reduction
About Mia and Nancy Sebastiani:
Nancy Sebastiani is Mia's mom. Over the years, the two women of the family have collaborated to bring many fantastic meals to the table. Nancy is a first generation California Italian, born and raised in San Francisco, who learned food and wine traditions from her parents.
She graduated from the University of San Francisco, where she met her husband, Don. Since 1975, Nancy and Don have lived in Sonoma, where they raised three children: Donny, August and Mia.
All are involved in the family wine business and all live in Sonoma with their families. Every Sunday, the growing Sebastiani clan gathers for dinner, lovingly prepared by Nancy and happily devoured by the children and grandchildren.
Nancy's culinary talents, combined with Mia's enthusiasm and creativity, were influential in the development of the Mia's Kitchen product line.
Despite her youth, Mia Sebastiani is truly an "old Italian soul" -- comfortable most when surrounded by friends and family in the kitchen, the "heart" of the home. Born to one of California's pioneer wine families, Mia is a fourth generation Sebastiani, proud of her wine heritage.
She designed her first wine label at the age of three and had a wine brand named for her before she was even of legal age to consume it. An accomplished chef, Mia began cooking alongside her grandparents at a very young age and later shared her skills with her mother, father and brothers, playing and socializing in the kitchen while growing up in the bucolic town of Sonoma, CA.
As an undergraduate at Loyola Marymount University, she entertained friends frequently, often incorporating wine into the various dishes she created.
Her fascination with the beverage eventually resulted in the creation of her signature wine reduction sauces; flavorful additions that make gourmet cooking a snap. Upon earning her bachelor's degree from LMU, Mia returned to her roots and joined the family business as managing director of Mia's Kitchen.
For information about Mia's kitchen visit www.miaskitchen.com