- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 LB. Sweet Butter cut in small pieces
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 12 thinly sliced baguettes, toasted
- Maldon sea salt
- Fruity-style extra virgin olive oil
- In a dry bowl combine Chocolate and milk and melt over a pot of simmering water.
- When melted start adding the butter one chunk at a time stirring until combined. In another bowl whisk egg yolks and sugar until combined.
- Add together and place in a container and chill until solid.
- To serve, Place 1/2 teaspoon of oil in each serving vessel, then a scoop of chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt and place two croutons with each and serve.
San Carlos Street between Ocean and 7th Avenues
Carmel, CA 93921
About Brandon Miller:
Mundaka, a Spanish tapas restaurant and brainchild of restaurateur Gabe Georis, opened in mid-March 2009. Georis named Brandon Miller, former Executive Chef and Partner of Stokes Restaurant and Bar, as the new Executive Chef at Mundaka. Chef Miller has been in Spain developing an authentic menu sure to tantalize even the most discerning palate.
From tapas to authentic Spanish main courses, Mundakas menu will have something for everyone. With its authentic menu, diverse Spanish wine selection and warm and comfortable Spanish interior design, Mundaka will make you feel as if you are on a European vacation.
The menu features a daily selection of tapas such as Papas Bravas and main courses items including local fish, family style steak and variety of Spanish desserts.
"We sent Chef Miller to Spain to create a menu full of authentic Basque flavors and to develop an authentic tapas selection," said Gabe Georis owner and creator of Mundaka. "Chef Miller and I both believe the art of good food is letting the menu items speak for themselves. Mundaka will be a reflection of our personal experiences with the lifestyle and food of Spain."
Brandon will be giving a cooking DEMO at Celebration Weekend at the Sunset House at 3:00pm on Saturday June 5, 2010
Sunset Magazine Celebration Weekend: The West-on-the-Go
Saturday and Sunday, June 5 and 6
80 Willow Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
10am to 5pm
$16 General Admission, $12 Seniors (60+) Free Under 12
Get $1 off if you bike to the event. Get $1 off if you park at Oracle (formerly Sun Microsystems) at 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park (east of Highway 101) and ride the free shuttles to the event.
Tickets will also be sold at the door and in advance at
For additional questions, call 800-786-7375 and click here for directions.