Ocean trout and truffle omelette
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons King Island cream
- 1 tablespoon Tasmanian Meadow Honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces skinless, boneless Ocean Trout, sliced thinly (or salmon/steelhead)
- Few shaves fresh truffle, thinly sliced
- Lightly whisk eggs, cream and honey in a bowl and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Melt the butter and oil in a 6-7 inch non-stick frying pan over medium heat until foaming, add egg mixture and evenly scatter over the fish.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, using a fork to push edges into centre of pan and allowing uncooked mixture to run to edge of pan, or until base and edges are just set.
- Add truffle slices in the last 30 seconds of cooking then remove frying pan from heat. Stand for 1 minute. Fold omelette into thirds, transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Jansz Sparkling Rose, $18.99
available from V Wine Cellar, Yountville
Phone: 707-531 7053
Fresh Australian Truffles and Tasmanian seafood available from Kanaloa Seafoods online and retail.
Tasmanian Honey available from The Pasta Shop, Dean and Delucca and Osprey Seafoods.
For more information on traveling to Tasmania, visit www.discovertasmania.ca
For more information about Sally James, visit wineroads.com