Lamb polpettes with sungold cherry tomato and farro salad
- 1 lb ground lamb shoulder
- 1 lb ground pork shoulder
- 1 Tbsp Chili Flakes
- 1.5 cups white bread, crust removed, ground fine in food processer
- ½-1 cup whole milk-enough to moisten bread
- ¼ cuo Pecorino Romano-grated
- 2 cloves garlic-crushed in a mortar
- 1 tsp fennel pollen
- ¼ tsp toasted, ground coriander seed
- 18 grams salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup semi pearled farro- cooked according to directions & chilled
- 1 pint sungold cherry tomatoes-halved
- A Handful of arugula
- ¼ cup toasted and crushed pistachios
- 3 tbsp EVO
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 shallots cut into brunoise
- Combine the farro, cherry tomatoes, almonds and arugula.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Knead pork & lamb until it arrives at a tacky appearance- 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk to bread slowly until it is a thick paste, this is your panade.
- Once well hydrated, add eggs, cheese, salt and spices to panade.
- Incorporate with meat mixture very well by hand.
- Form balls, lay them out on a parchment paper lined sheet pan
- Cooking time will vary based on the size. Golf ball size meatballs will take 10-15 minutes
- Dress the farro salad with the red wine vinegar, EVO & shallots, season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve the hot polpettes directly over the farro salad
8 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
About Americano Restaurant and Bar:
Americano Restaurant and Bar at Hotel Vitale in San Francisco offers handcrafted soulful, Italian cuisine with a robust sensibility. Its culinary style is rooted in lasting partnerships with area purveyors and showcases seasonal flavors in every dish.
Since opening in 2005, Americano's menu has been inspired by its location across from San Francisco's Ferry Plaza Building, a mecca for local, sustainably-grown fare. In keeping with Italian tradition, Chef Kory Stewart is devoted to handcrafting the cuisine using the best local products.
Americano has a casual warmth that makes it an ideal destination for a business lunch, cocktails with appetizers or a spirited dinner with friends. Americano guests can enjoy dining on the beautiful outdoor patio that overlooks San Francisco's Embarcadero waterfront. It is especially enjoyable during the warmer months for al fresco dining or a special event.
This summer, Americano is offering a special Summer Grille Menu every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch through September. Guests can enjoy grilled-to-order foods such as housemade sausages, local seafood, and market vegetables on the Americano patio, or they can take it to go.