Police seek witnesses to drive-by shooting that injured two men

MENLO PARK, Calif.

Officers responded to reports of shots fired and possible victims in the 400 block of Hamilton Avenue at about 10:15 p.m. Friday, according to Menlo Park police.

They were initially unable to locate any shooting victims, and potential witnesses in the area were uncooperative, police said.

Investigators later learned that a 22-year-old Fremont man and a 27-year-old Menlo Park man had walked into a local hospital with gunshot wounds, police said.

Their injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.

The victims told police they had been sitting in the driveway of a home on Hamilton Avenue when a light-colored SUV pulled up in front of the house and someone inside the SUV opened fire, police said.

The vehicle was last seen heading north on Hamilton Avenue.

There was no further description of the suspects, police said.

Anyone with more information about the shooting is asked to contact Menlo Park police at (650) 330-6300 or call the anonymous tip line at (650) 330-6395.

Copyright © 2019 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.