Indeed's data shows since May 1, job postings in the San Francisco Bay Area are growing 41 percent slower than last year.
WATCH THURSDAY: 'ABC7 Virtual Job Fair,' a look at who's hiring in the San Francisco Bay Area
"It's tough," Paul Wolfe, Indeed Senior Vice President of Global Human Resources, said. "I always tell everyone I come in contact with to keep your resume updated whether you're going to look or not because you never know."
According to Indeed, there are still more than 34,000 available jobs posted for the Bay Area right now.
Wolfe said software engineer, senior software engineer, retail sales associate, customer service rep and delivery driver are the most popular job postings in the Bay Area on their platform.
Indeed has launched a new online guide for job seekers impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
"On the Indeed resume, if you've uploaded your resume, you can put the hashtag #readytowork and that will signify to clients or employers that these folks or this person is looking to get to work right away. (That) has really been important to retailers, grocery store chains, and delivery companies. They're looking to hire immediately. They need to staff up quickly."
Video interviews may not be familiar to some job seekers, but in the age of the coronavirus, candidates should expect one.
"They should prepare for that interview like they would any interview," Wolfe said. "Make sure their camera works and audio works beforehand."
Wolfe also advises job seekers to have patience, tap into your network and be flexible.
TODAY'S FEATURED JOB:
The California Professional Group is looking for an entry level medical office billing assistant. Remote work is available. You can make anywhere from $11 to $20 an hour, and among other requirements, a high school diploma is required.
See more on job here.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions