Monika Weiler out of Walnut Creek bought tickets in November for a May Michael Buble concert at Chase center.
The pandemic caused the concert to be postponed. Weiler wanted her money back and reached out to Ticketmaster.
"I tried to contact them by telephone and email," she told me, "there was never a response."
So she emailed 7 On Your Side and we went to work.
"I had a credit for the full amount, including the processing fees, on my credit card," she says. "Two weeks and I had money back, it could not have been any better."
RELATED: CONSUMER CATCH-UP: EDD announces new grants for job training, temporary work; residents would move if allowed to work from home, and more
Next, a San Francisco woman named Ellen had a stove issues. Sears agreed to a replacement, but Ellen and her mother had a problem getting it delivered.
She reached out to me and she had a stove delivered in the middle of a pandemic.
Rod in the North Bay needed help accessing an EDD unemployment debit card. We sorted through the problem with Bank of America and now Rod has access to his cash. B of A really took care of the problem.
United Airlines was the topic of our next consumer issue. Andy Vanderschoot lives in Napa and planned a family trip to London, which was cancelled by the pandemic. United offered Andy vouchers for the cancelled flight, but he wanted his money back.
Andy contacted us and we contacted United.
I asked him, "And then you heard back?"
RELATED: Coronavirus: Lawmakers want airlines to give you cash refunds, not vouchers
"Immediately," he says, "We clearly had their attention. It was a very pleasant woman on the other end of the phone."
There was no refund given right then, but this is a dynamic environment and Andy heard back two days ago.
"Wednesday I got a phone call from United Airlines saying they had reviewed my case and they would be willing to refund all of my money," he says.
How much? $5,384.
Great customer service, United, thanks.
7 On Your Side receives 2,000 requests for help each week. If you have a coronavirus consumer issue, contact 7 On Your Side -- and make it 2,001.
RELATED: Coronavirus: Consumers given assistance through new rules to protect their finances: 'the law has changed'
Take a look at more stories and videos by Michael Finney and 7 On Your Side.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions