Our effort to vaccinate against COVID-19 seems to change constantly. Last week, we saw shortages. This week, in Contra Costa County, Solano, and others supply has almost begun to exceed demand.
VACCINE TRACKER: Here's how CA is doing, when you can get a coronavirus vaccine
We found another success story in Napa, where the county has combined forces with OLE Community Health. At a pop-up clinic in the Meritage Resort and Spa, the county expects to give 10,000 vaccinations in four days this week concluding Friday.
OLE Health convinced the federal government to provide those 10,000 doses. Then, they combined forces with local medical providers for the labor.
"I have given more shots in the last 24 hours than in my previous 20 years, including medical school," said Dr. Amy Herold, who usually works at Queen of the Valley Hospital.
VIDEO: SF sees major drop in vaccine supply, while Santa Clara sees bump: Here's why
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Third stimulus check calculator: See how much you could get
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic