WINDSOR, Calif. (KGO) -- The home of former Windsor Mayor Dominic Foppoli was raided this morning by police as part of a sexual assault investigation.
Around 8:30 a.m. detectives searched the Foppoli's residence on the 8000 block of Merlot Way in Windsor.
Detectives said some items were seized as evidence.
Foppoli resigned on May 24 amid numerous accusations of sexual assault, which he denies. He is also under investigation for an alcohol bill, air travel, payments to an ex-girlfriend and more.
Stay with ABC7 News for the latest details on this developing story.
Related stories and videos:
- Former Windsor Mayor Dominic Foppoli under investigation for use of campaign funds
- Windsor officials respond to mayor's resignation amid new sex assault allegation by reality star
- 7th woman accuses Windsor Mayor Dominic Foppoli of sexual assault
- Windsor Mayor Dominic Foppoli to 'step back' from active role until sex assault investigation complete
- Windsor moves to recall mayor after fiery, emotional town meeting demanding he resign
- 'My brother should step down': Family members call for Windsor mayor to resign
- Windsor mayor responds after multiple women accuse him of sexual assault