"It's really great to see parents and guardians with children walking through with smiles on their faces, ready to play, even on a chilly day," said Executive Director Kimberly Miller.
RELATED: Oakland's Fairyland in financial trouble, unsure of reopening amid coronavirus pandemic
Sophie Daniel, husband and 2 kids were some of the first ones through the door Friday.
Daniel's five-year-old Ava and 2-year-old Adrian giggled as they rolled down a hill in the middle of the park.
RELATED: Closed during pandemic, Oakland's treasured Fairyland holds fundraiser for 70th birthday
"That's the best thing to watch them be happy and able to enjoy their life," Daniel said.
Fairyland was shut down in March, briefly reopened in the fall and then was closed once again.
RELATED: Disney CEO says Disneyland set to reopen April 30
"We have really relied on our beloved donors and those who love the park to help us out all year long, to make sure we make it through to the other side of the pandemic," Miller said.
Donors like Kaitlin Kalnadarwal visited Friday morning with her two children.
RELATED: Great America, Discovery Kingdom prepare for reopening under latest CA COVID-19 guidelines
"We are members, but we actually paid the non-member fee because my kids wanted to go and because I wanted to support Fairyland. I know they are struggling," she said.
There are still restrictions in place. The rides aren't open and no performances are allowed at this time. The park can only allow in 25% of its capacity. Fairyland will sell tickets for two sessions a day from 9a.m. to noon and then from 1p.m. to 4p.m.
RELATED: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom to reopen rides for season pass holders on April 1
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Third stimulus check calculator: See how much you could get
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic