Firefighters put out fire sparked by gas meter in San Jose

Bay City News
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
San Jose firefighters knock down blaze sparked by gas meter
EMBED <>More Videos

Firefighters have knocked down a blaze that was sparked from a gas meter on the outside of a building in San Jose.

SAN JOSE -- Firefighters contained a one-alarm structure fire that caused road closures in San Jose this morning, according to San Jose fire officials.

A gas line burst in a two story office building in the 1900 block of the Alameda and caught fire at 3:54 a.m., a fire official said.

The blaze was contained at 4:42 a.m., while southbound lanes of The Alameda from Hedding Street to McKendrie Street have been closed temporarily for cleanup efforts, according to fire officials.

No injuries were reported.