The Lava Fire is now burning 13,330 acres, Cal Fire said Tuesday, a jump from 1,446 acres just a day before. The fire is 20% contained.
WILDFIRE TRACKER: Follow the latest California wildfires burning across the state with this interactive map
A wildfire strike team from Santa Clara Unit has been deployed to help fight the flames, according to Cal Fire.
Lighting is believed to be the cause of the Lava Fire, according to fire officials.
RELATED: 'California is now in a new climate:' Stanford scientist explains state's heat wave, dry conditions
Evacuation warnings have been issued due to the wildfire along State Route 97, including areas of Angel Valley Rd., Carrick Addition, and Solus Dr.
Take a look at the latest stories and videos about wildfires here in the Bay Area and across California.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows riskiest areas in California for damaging wildfires
- How bad will CA's fire season be? Here's what we know, what we don't
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- The deadliest wildfires in California history
- Live: Track Bay Area air quality levels
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health
- What are the diablo winds and how can they influence Northern California wildfires?
- What you need to know about Santa Ana winds and California wildfires
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to pick a mask for protection during a wildfire
- Red flag warning: What to do during dangerous fire conditions
- Everything to know about red flame retardant dropped during wildfires
- What happens to animals during wildfires?
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- How wildfires create a serious threat for flooding and mudflows
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires