SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Workers and students plan to march in the Bay Area Monday for a day of action in recognition of May Day.
May Day was once about the fight over the 8-hour working day, but now there are many causes behind the day of action including the economic struggle of working families.
Below is a list of events planned around the Bay Area in recognition of May Day.
- Montgomery BART Station rally - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- May Day San Francisco Strike at 630 Sansome Street - 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Occupy SF at ILWU Local 10 Hall, 400 North Point - 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.; March to Justin Herman Plaza at 10 a.m.; Rally at 11 a.m.; March to Civic Center Plaza at 12 p.m.; Rally at 2 p.m.
- A Day Without an Immigrant at Justin Herman Plaza - 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Chinatown community rally at Portsmouth Square - 10 a.m. to 10:40 a.m.
RELATED: Bay Area students, businesses take part in 'Day Without Immigrants' protest
- UC Berkeley at 12 p.m.
- Women's Bloc General Strike at Fruitvale Plaza with march to San Antonio Park - 3 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Oakland Sin Fronteras rally at Fruitvale Plaza at 3 p.m.
- Schools Are Safe For Everyone (SAFE) Walk at 8521 A St. at 7 a.m.
- Hotel Worker Strike at Mandela Parkway and Yerba Buena - 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
RELATED: Bay Area cities fighting Trump's sanctuary city order get surprise in court
- Silicon Valley May Day: Shut it Down! at Mexican Heritage Plaza/School of Arts and Culture with march to the Arena Gardens - 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- May Day Rally and March at Story & King Roads - 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Roof & Refuge March from 1351 Detroit Ave to 2151 Salvio Street from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
All marches and rallies are expected to be peaceful events.
To read more about immigration, click here.