RELATED: Bay Area air quality worst in the world as wildfires rage in all but one county
Live ABC7 News cameras around the Bay Area showed hazy skies in the East Bay, North Bay and San Francisco around 8 a.m.
ABC7 News Meteorologist Mike Nicco the wildfire haze and air quality issues could be around for a bit.
In fact, the "worst air quality in the world" is on the Peninsula.
LIVE: Track air quality levels across the San Francisco Bay Area
"It's going to be hard to get away from the poor air quality," said Nicco. "Today we are under a Spare the Air day, but if you look at how the fires are raging out of control, the smoke isn't going anywhere for several days."
ABC7 News Reporter Julian Glover captured video of a red sun rise over Vacaville.
"The most ominous sunrise over #Vacaville right now as the #LNULightningComplex fire continues to burn," tweeted Glover.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
Get the latest updates and videos on wildfires burning across the Bay Area here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Here are all the fires burning in the Bay Area right now
- Track air quality levels in the Bay Area
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- What to do right now to prep for a planned power outage
- Here's how to store electricity before a power outage
- Tips for getting through a long-term power outage
- VIDEO: How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health