SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers fullback Bruce Miller pleaded no contest Tuesday to a misdemeanor charge of disturbing the peace involving his ex-fiancee in Santa Clara earlier this year, according to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office.
Miller, 27, entered the plea to in Santa Clara County Superior Court today.
On March 5, Miller was in an argument with his former fiance at the Hyatt House Santa Clara at 3915 Rivermark Plaza, prosecutors said.
The ex-fiance had no injuries and refused to receive medical attention, according to prosecutors.
She at first told police that Miller pushed her out of a car, took her cellphone and smashed it, but later said that there was no contact between her and Miller, prosecutors said.
A witness sitting in a nearby bagel shop told police she saw Miller and the ex-fiance argue while walking out of a parking garage and saw Miller throw the phone against an exterior wall, prosecutors said.
The witness allowed the victim to use her phone to call police, according to prosecutors.
Miller will be sentenced in about six months and will have to attend a domestic violence counseling course for 16 weeks, according to prosecutors.
A no-contact protective order remains in place between Miller and the victim, prosecutors said.
"We are satisfied that Mr. Miller is taking steps to address his underlying anger issues," Deputy District Attorney Tyrone Wilson said in a statement.
"He will hear in his mandated class that domestic violence is unacceptable no matter what the degree of circumstance," Wilson said.
Miller was drafted by the 49ers in 2011 from the University of Central Florida. Last season, he caught 18 passes for 189 yards and two touchdowns and gained nine yards rushing on six carries.
49ers' Bruce Miller pleads no contest to misdemeanor domestic violence
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
More TOP STORIES News