David Guccione was giving out samples of Kombucha in Dolores Park Saturday, you could get a free bottle, as long as you were wearing a mask.
"To me, it makes perfect sense, the more people in masks, safer we can be," Guccione said.
Signs reminding people to wear masks are everywhere in the park but not everybody was playing by the rules.
RELATED: SF's updated health order requires doctor's note for those who can't wear a face covering
Holly Kappadahl from San Ramon is spending the day with daughter Aryiah at Dolores Park. New rules from the San Francisco Department of Public Health now require kids 10 years and up to wear a mask in public.
Arayiah is 7 but mom isn't taking chances.
"I would still keep her wearing one even though she's under 10 until this is cleared up and away," said Kappadahl.
Mill Valley Pediatrician Doctor Lisa Dana says kids are at risk.
"I think we need to be careful about transmission children can transmit it even if they have no symptoms," said Dana.
COVID-19 RISK CALCULATOR: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as California reopens
The health order requires face coverings to be worn on sidewalks, in parks, and for all food service workers and in common areas like an elevator, even if you're alone.
Dr. Grant Colfax said in a statement, "Substantial scientific evidence shows that when combined with physical distancing and other health and safety practices, face coverings significantly reduce the chance of COVID19 spreading in the community."
Registered nurse Francisca Pinkney knows how important face coverings really are.
"I take care of COVID-19 patients, I'm required to wear a mask and face shield when I'm out I do the same thing," Pinkney said.
According to the health order, if you have a medical exemption preventing you from wearing a mask, you must have a doctor's note to prove it.
INTERACTIVE: Here's which mask is best to protect you from getting coronavirus
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the story in a new window
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic hereRELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- Watch list: Counties where COVID-19 is getting worse
- MAP: Everything that's open, forced to close in Bay Area
- Everything to know about CA's confusing reopening plan, summer shutdown and what comes next
- From salons to dinner parties:Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay athome orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Experts compare face shield vs. face mask effectiveness
- COVID-19Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic