- Everyone must wear a seatbelt at all times
- No driving while intoxicated, and never get in a car with someone who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Do not let other people drive the car unless it's needed for safety reasons
- Let parents know A.S.A.P. if something unusual happens with the car, or if you are in an accident
- Call us (or other trusted adult) any time that you need help to get home safely
- No talking on cell phone while driving, unless you need to for safety reasons. (Otherwise pull over to talk)
- Drive safely and don't take risks
- Follow the laws: For example: No driving with anyone under the age of 20 without an adult (25 years or older) in the car. And no driving between 11PM and 5AM for the first year.
Congratulations on your transition into the world of driving!
It's a responsibility I feel you are ready for.
Mom (or other parent)
- I agree to follow these rules. I understand that if I break the rules my driving privileges will be taken away.
Web site: www.childhoodmatters.org
Childhood Matters radio show: Sundays 9 AM on 98.1 KISS FM.
About Rona Renner:
Rona Renner, RN has been a nurse for over 40 years, and is temperament specialist and parent educator. She is the Executive Director of Interactive Parenting Media, and the host of Childhood Matters Radio show, Sundays at 9AM on 98.1 KISS FM.