Firefighter suffers minor injury in house fire

August 26, 2008 11:45:51 AM PDT
A firefighter sustained a minor hand injury and two cats suffered smoke inhalation in a fire at a San Ramon home Monday afternoon, according to the San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District.

The fire was reported at about 2:10 p.m. at 9914 Mangos Drive and the first fire crews were on the scene about five minutes later, according to fire officials.

The homeowner escaped the fire unharmed. One firefighter suffered a minor burn but did not require hospital treatment.

The two cats were found unconscious inside the home and were resuscitated with oxygen at the scene, fire officials said. The cats were then taken to Bishop Ranch Veterinary Center to be treated for smoke inhalation.

An initial investigation determined that a clogged dryer line apparently overheated and sparked the blaze, fire officials said.

The fire caused an estimated $150,000 in damage to the home and $25,000 to its contents.


Load Comments