$1 million bail in Bernal Heights slaying

November 7, 2008 12:04:45 PM PST
The suspect in the fatal shooting of a San Francisco man during a robbery in the city's Bernal Heights neighborhood Monday night appeared in San Francisco Superior Court this morning and was ordered held on $1 million bail.

Max Reyes, 24, is alleged to have shot 36-year-old John Rogers and a second victim at a home in the unit block of Fair Avenue.

Rogers was pronounced dead at the scene. The second victim, who has not been identified, was hospitalized and was expected to survive, police said.

Prosecutors have charged Reyes, who was arrested Tuesday, with murder, attempted murder, robbery, burglary, conspiracy, assault with a firearm and possession of marijuana for sale, according to the San Francisco District Attorney's Office.

Police have said the two victims had been inside the home with two suspects at the time of the shooting.

Reyes appeared in court this morning for the first time since his arrest, but postponed his arraignment on the charges and entering a plea until an attorney is appointed to him. He is scheduled to return to court Monday.


Load Comments