Tips and information for your child's first day on the slopes:
- Some kids can start as young as two years old; they often start around four to five years old.
- A lesson is recommended to get started.
- Feed your child well before their lesson, whether it's in the morning lesson or afternoon.
- Bring proper clothing: hats, snow goggles, gloves, snow pants, warm waterproof jacket, warm socks; you can rent skis, boots, and helmets.
- Remember to apply sunscreen on your child.
Brent is the Ski School Manager for Mountain Sports Learning Center at Sugar Bowl. He has been a member of the Professional Ski Instructors Association since 1980, and an examiner for PSIA since 1985. He is a certified ski coach and has been a member of the Ski Coaches Association since 1983. He was also a head coach and race director for 16 years.