Hotel fire may have been sparked by DVD player

March 22, 2010 4:06:14 PM PDT
Firefighters quickly extinguished a small fire at a Burlingame hotel early Monday morning, a battalion chief said.

The one-alarm blaze was reported at 8:24 a.m. at the Red Roof Inn at 777 Airport Blvd.

Firefighters controlled the fire within 20 minutes. No injuries were reported, Central County Fire Authority Battalion Chief Ed Barton said.

The exact cause hasn't been determined, but Barton said the fire originated near where a portable DVD player had been placed on a bed.

The fire damaged the hotel room and resulted in water damage to an adjacent room, according to Barton.


Load Comments