Man pleads not guilty to running down cyclists

June 17, 2010 1:41:55 PM PDT
A 39-year-old East Bay man accused of running down four bicyclists with his car in San Francisco on the night of June 2 pleaded not guilty in court today to attempted murder charges.

David Mark Clark, of Albany, is being held without bail for the attacks, which all occurred within a six-minute period around 9:45 p.m. in separate locations in the city's Mission and Potrero Hill neighborhoods.

Police said Clark targeted the male bicyclists with his blue Nissan Rogue sport utility vehicle and then crashed and ran away after the last assault.

One victim, a 40-year-old man was hit in the 2700 block of Harrison Street; another, a 33-year-old man, was struck in the 2800 block of Harrison Street.

A 39-year-old man was hit at 23rd and Pennsylvania streets and a fourth man, age 25, was struck at 17th and Missouri streets, according to police.

Three of the bicyclists were hospitalized.

Clark was arrested at the Albany Police Station two days later after reporting that his SUV had been carjacked, police said.

Police have not determined a motive for the attacks.

Clark is facing 11 felonies: four counts of attempted murder, four counts of assault with a deadly weapon and three counts of battery causing serious bodily injury, according to the district attorney's office.

He pleaded not guilty to the all the charges at his arraignment this morning and is due back in court July 27 for a scheduling hearing.


Load Comments