Officials say the blaze started in the roof attic area of the complex at 938 Willowleaf Drive. They're two-story townhomes, part of the Kimberly Woods Apartments.
The fire department got the call around 8:30 p.m. They say it appears the cause may be related to a fireplace. Flames were most intense in the roof attic area of one unit.
A total of four units are said to be destroyed by flames, smoke, or water damage. At least 10 people have been displaced from their homes.
We spoke to one man who rushed to get his wife and kids out of the home after a neighbor pounded on their door, alerting them to the fire. His is one of the four that was destroyed, "My 11-year-old daughter, she's really sad her stuff was destroyed," tenant Juan Nino said. "It's a really bad feeling, but if you look at it in another light, we're thankful that we're okay, nobody got hurt, we'll figure it out tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a brighter day."
The Red Cross is on scene, helping the displaced residents find a temporary place to stay.
One firefighter was injured. He's being treated for minor injuries.