"Are you ready to ride?" asked one ride operator.
That would be a "yes" from everyone who waited to ride the Joker roller coaster. Gavin Wages and his daughter Mariah came from Sacramento.
The theme park has been allowing visitors inside since July for their animal displays, but has been unable to reopen the rides until California modified the restrictions.
RELATED: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk reopens its rides
"I'm really excited, when I told her it was back open, she started shaking," said Wages.
Hold on tight! The Joker is one of nine coasters reopening at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom after the pandemic closed them down for more than a year.
That's a lot of screaming to catch up on.
"We're happy to welcome back our guests to enjoy the rides, and happy to welcome back more of our employees," said Six Flags Discovery Kingdom spokesperson Marc Merino.
VIDEO: CA theme parks reopening, but please don't scream on the rides, industry group asks
The line was long at the front gate, all Saturday tickets sold out. Online reservations required.
A day of fun is exactly what Dhaijhai Hornsby and her kids from Stockton needed.
"We've been sitting inside the whole pandemic, looking for something to do," said Hornsby.
Safety measures are happening at the park, like a thermal imaging tunnel upon arrival, taking temperatures.
RELATED: Napa man builds Matterhorn-inspired roller coaster in his backyard during shelter in place
Rides are disinfected throughout the day and there are lots of safety reminders in case you forget.
When you buckle in for a ride, there's an announcement that place, "keep your masks on at all times covering your nose."
The park is now operating at 15 percent capacity. A move from the red tier to orange in Solano County will allow more guests to make reservations.
For many families, this weekend is big - A chance to return to some of the good times we used to know.
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Third stimulus check calculator: See how much you could get
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic