In April, San Francisco city officials announced 25% of positive COVID-19 cases in the city were among the Latino community.
In an effort to provide those with the information they need, ABC7 has partnered with the Latino Community Foundation to present, "Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation" a virtual and interactive town hall.
Here are some of the panelists that were included in this town hall:
- David Campos, County of Santa Clara Deputy County Executive
- Rep. Joaquin Castro, TX-20th District, Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chair
- Jacqueline Martinez Garcel, CEO, Latino Community Foundation
- Sandra R. Hernández, MD, California Health Care Foundation President & CEO
- Mario Cruz with LatinBayArea.com
- Silicon Valley Latino
- Marcos Gutierrez with Hecho en California
- Robert E. Bard with Latina Style Inc.
- Zuleyka Jinks & Angelica Contreras with A2Z Media Group
- Luis Tovar with Center for Elders' Independence
- Victoria Sanchez De Alba with De Alba Communications
- Bay Area Border Relief
- Belinda Hernandez-Arriaga with Ayudando Latinos A Soñar
- Samantha Santana of Santana Sports Management
- iHeartMedia San Francisco
- Beatriz Acevedo with Acevedo Foundation
- Common Sense Media & Maria Alvarez with Common Sense Latino
RELATED VIRTUAL TOWN HALLS FROM ABC7:
- 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation': How COVID-19 is affecting the Asian American community
- 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation': How COVID-19 is impacting the African American community
- ABC7 Listens 'From Anger To Action: A Bay Area Conversation'
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions