Terri says a stranger spotted them on their bikes the other day, yelling "bike ride with the Cooleys!" Check out their interview with ABC7 News anchor Reggie Aqui above.
PREVIOUS STORY: Since the pandemic started, many people have been looking for ways to enjoy themselves while maintaining a social distance. One Alameda couple was able to do that with a newfound love of bicycling.
Their new hobby landed them a feature on "Live with Kelly and Ryan."
Jack and Terri Cooley biked every street in Alameda during the pandemic.
RELATED: Electric bike shop sees boost in sales during coronavirus pandemic
The island city is 6.5 miles long and 1 mile wide but holds a total of 634 streets. Here is a map of the island to see the scope of their endeavor.
Kelly and Ryan asked the couple how they knew the city so well and Jack revealed he has lived in Alameda for 72 years.
Watch the full interview of the Cooleys with Kelly and Ryan here:
Terri was well versed in the streets of Alameda in her former job as a childcare welfare attendant, where she traveled to homes throughout the city.
The couple has been huge fans of the show for years, and of Kelly Ripa.
RELATED: Lyft's electric bikes return to San Francisco
"Jack watched 'All My Children' for years, many years," Terri said.
"That is so nice. I feel very thankful to have you two in my life for so many years before we finally met," Kelly said.
"And now we're watching your children grow up," Terri added.
Kelly says now she wants to learn the streets of Alameda and ride with the Cooleys.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- Watch list: Counties where COVID-19 is getting worse
- MAP: Everything that's open, forced to close in Bay Area
- Everything to know about CA's confusing reopening plan, summer shutdown and what comes next
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Experts compare face shield vs. face mask effectiveness
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic