Our Audrey Mansfield recently met up with Madonna's Make up artist to get some hot looks for 2008 that can make you look like a star.
Tips for a New Year for the New Year from Gina Brooke, Artistic Director for Shu Uemura:
- First things first - make sure you have a clean and smooth canvas to work on before any makeup application. Make sure that your face is clean and use a moisturizer that really hydrates your skin. And don't be afraid of anti-aging products! It's never too early to take action on aging! Shu Uemura has a great product - Phyto Black Lift Firming Anti-Wrinkle Cream, made from fermented black tea.
It's all about the eyes in 2008 - here are a few trends you will be seeing that are easy to incorporate into your everyday beauty routine.
- Big lashes are back and here to stay! For flirty lashes, apply five to ten individual clusters beginning at the outer corners of the eye to the center. For authenticity, be sure to apply them as close to the lash-line as possible. Try the Shu Uemura Flare Eyelashes for a natural look. And for more glamorous, sexy look, use a set of full length lashes. Try using a lash applicator for an easier application-be sure to measure the length of the false lashes to your natural eyeline and cut accordingly. Apply lash adhesive to the base of the false lash and apply to the lash-line as close as possible for instant glamour. My favorite is the Shu Uemura Smokey Layers - they remind me of that old Hollywood glamour.
- A strong eyeliner makes a woman look powerful and sexy - and it never goes out of style! I love using liquid liner - it really makes a statement yet has a really feminine look. If you want a softer, daytime look, try using a dark shadow instead of liquid liner.
- Highlight the color of your eyes! Draw attention to the your eyes by playing up the color. Is you have brown eyes, most colors will look good but certain colors will make them pop! If your eyes are blue, hazel or green, try using gold, aubergine and brown tones.
- Lastly, try using red on your lips! I'm obsessed with a red lip and a bare face - it's the ultimate timeless look! But many people are afraid of how it will look on them. I would suggest try using Shu Uemuras's Rouge Unlimited Rd 165 - it's the most amazing red lip color that looks good on any skin tone - it's what Mr. Uemura calls "the universal red."
Most of all, 2008 will concentrate on bold, vibrant colors. Don't be afraid to take a chance! And if you are ever unsure of how something will look on you, you can always come into the shu uemura boutique and one of the makeup artists will give you a step by step on how to wear it.
Shu Uemura Boutique
1971 Fillmore Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
Web site: www.shuuemura-usa.com
Phyto Black Lift
Liquid Eye Liner
Rouge Unlimited 165