Roasted green chile chipotle salsa
Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 white onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 fresh poblano or 2 anaheim chiles (5 oz. total)
- 1 lb. fresh tomatillos, husked
- 2 to 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, plus 1 tbsp. sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Put onion, garlic, poblano chile, and tomatillos on a baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat, turning once, until blackened, 8 to 10 minutes total. Let cool.
- Peel, stem, and seed poblano chile and cut into chunks. In a blender or food processor, whirl chile, onion, tomatillos, garlic, chipotle chiles with sauce, cilantro, and lime juice until coarsely puréed. Season to taste with salt.
Recipe from Sunset (Fast & Fresh column, June 2008)
Sunset's Celebration Weekend
June 7th & 8th
10am - 5pm
80 Willow Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
General admission: $12 Seniors (60+): $10 Children (12 & under): Free
A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Children's Health Council. Thank you to the City of Menlo Park. No pets, please.
Box office opens at 9:30 am on event days.
There is ample free parking in nearby lots. Take the free bus from the Sun Microsystems parking lot (1601 Willow Rd., east of Hwy. 101) and receive $1 off your admission. Box office opens at 8:30 am in the Sun Microsystems parking lot. Take free shuttle from the Menlo Park Caltrain station.
Miscellaneous Questions Call 800-786-7375 or send an email to email@example.com
Sunset makes every effort to maximize recycling and composting at Celebration Weekend and encourages visitors to help by using the appropriate containers provided throughout the event
For more information, visit: www.sunset.com