Panino w/ Dried Cherries and Prosciutto
- 2 oz thinly sliced prosciutto di parma
- 2 oz goia burrata
- 10 dried bing cherries from bella viva farms
- 1/2 oz meyer lemon aioli (recipe below)
- 1/4 ciabatta loaf (from pastry smart if possible)
Split the loaf in half and spread both sides of the bread with the lemon aioli. Place the prosciutto, burrata, and bing cherries along one side of the bread and top with the other half of bread - aioli side down. Place onto a pre-heated panini machine and grill until the sandwich is flattened and nicely browned on the exterior.
Meyer Lemon Aioli
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of good olive oil
- 1 Meyer Lemon - zested
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Meyer Lemon Juice
Place the garlic and salt in a large mortar and crush until it becomes a paste. Move the garlic to a small bowl, add the eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest and incorporate. Slowly whisk in the oil, a little at a time, until all of the oil is incorporated and the mixture is like a thick mayonnaise.
568 Haight Street