California Spring Roll with Firecracker Sauce
- 1/2 Pound of 21/25 size unpeeled shrimp
- Court Bouillon for poaching shrimp (water, white wine, lemon, black peppercorn, Bay leaf, Onion, Celery)
- 1 package of rice paper (found in Asian markets)
- 1 package of rice stick noodle (found in Asian markets)
- 1 Head of organic Butter or Green Leaf Lettuce Whole or sliced
- 1 bunch of organic cilantro (Chinese Parsley) Sprigs
- 1 bunch of organic mint
- 2 Ruby Red Grapefruit segmented
- 1 California Avocado sliced thin
- 1 Jalape?o Chile Julianne
1) In a small sauce pan, Bring water to a boil , add rice stick noodle, cook 2-3 min, Drain, Cool with cold water
2) In another saucepan prepare court bouillon, Bring to simmer
3) Add shrimp and cook till shells turn orange. Drain. Cool. Peel.
4) Place rice paper in warm water fro 10 seconds,. Lay on flat surface
5) Lay down lettuce, rice noodle, mint, grapefruit, cilantro on rice paper
6) Put avocado and shrimp 2 inches up from other ingredients
7) Roll up Spring Roll and refrigerate till ready to serve.
- 1 cup light shrimp and pork stock or water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce
- 4-8 tablespoons crunchy or creamy organic peanut butter or almond butter
- 2-3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce or diced chilies to taste
- 1 Package of Watermelon Pop Rocks Candy
1) In a small sauce pan, add light stock. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
2) Add Hoisin sauce, 4 tablespoons peanut butter and chili garlic sauce. Stir until peanut butter is dissolved and the sauce thickens. Add additional peanut butter until desired thickness is obtained. Adjust seasonings to taste. Cool Sauce. Garnish sauce with Watermelon Flavor Pop Rocks
Makes almost 2 cups of sauce
*Note: Add Pop rocks just before serving for firecracker effect
12th Annual A La Carte & Art
May 17-18, 2008 -- 10 AM to 6 PM
Castro Street, Mountain View
Between Church St. and Evelyn Ave.
For more information: Call 650-964-3395 or go to www.miramarevents.com