Strawberry romanoff verrine
- 1 Recipe Citrus Scented Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 2 Pints Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Recipe Strawberry Sauce (recipe below)
- 2-4 T. Grand Marnier
- 1 Recipe Chantilly Cream with Crunchy Meringue bits (recipe below)
- 1 Pint Strawberry Ice Cream, softened
- Toasted Sliced Almonds
Cube pound cake into bite size pieces.
Dice Strawberries, toss in Grand Marnier and a bit of sugar to taste.
Layer ingredients in glasses topping with sliced almonds and serve immediately
- 2 Pints Hulled Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 t. Lemon Juice
- 2 t. Orange Juice
Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender, strain through fine mesh sieve to remove seeds. Chill sauce adjusting with more sugar/lemon to taste.
Chantilly cream with crunchy meringue bits
- 1 Cup Cold, Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Broken Meringue Cookies
Whip and vanilla to a soft peak. Refrigerate. When ready to assemble, check cream and if needed whip a bit to bring back the peak, gently fold in broken meringue and use immediately.
One Market Restaurant
1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94105