Grilled Eggplant and Fontina Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- French baguette, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 large eggplant, cut into ¼ inch slices
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10 slices of Fontina cheese, about 8oz
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
Prepare the grill to medium-high heat. Brush the sliced bread with olive oil and grill on both sides until crunchy with nice grill marks. Set aside.
Brush eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill eggplant slices for about 2-3 minutes on one side. Turn the eggplant slices over and place one slice of Fontina cheese on top of each slice. Grill for another 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Place one slice of the grilled eggplant with melted cheese on each of the slices of bread. Sprinkle with chopped thyme. Served immediately.
To register for a cooking class, visit our Web site at www.surlatable.com
Sur La Table
855 El Camino Real #57
Palo Alto, CA 94301