Quick & Easy Beef & Bacon Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Combine the first eight ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. In a large bowl, combine Worchestire sauce and eggs.
3. Mix in beef mixture. Add bread crumbs.
4. Grease a large sheet of aluminum foil, place bacon on foil. Mold mixture over bacon. Refrigerate 2 hours, or over night. 5. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
6. Bake for 1 hour in a baking sheet in the center rack.
7. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, salt, cayenne and pepper. Open foil, drain any juice. Spoon ketchup mixture over meatloaf and bake, uncovered, an additional 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings
About Jonnatan Leiva:
Since joining the team at Jack Falstaff in 2006, Jonnatan Leiva has remained focused on clean, crisp, balanced flavors and keeping the purity and integrity of each ingredient intact. This approach garnered Leiva the title of Rising Star Chef 2008, bestowed by the San Francisco Chronicle to just six Bay Area chefs based on their national influence and the new energy they bring to the local culinary scene. Subsequently San Francisco Chronicle food writer, Michael Bauer awarded a rare three-star rating to Jack Falstaff across the board for food, service and atmosphere. Leiva has since increased his public notoriety with appearances on ABC's View from the Bay, Food Network Challenge and Iron Chef America.
As Executive Chef at Jack Falstaff, Jonnatan Leiva manages kitchen operations and lends his creative, discerning eye to an ever-changing menu of fresh, locally sourced dishes. He remains inspired by the markets and keeps ahead of the curve with constant research and travels throughout the U.S. and aroad. Above all, Leiva continues to define and re-define modern dining in the Bay Area.
JACK FALSTAFF'S "LE CENA DE FAMILIA" PRIX FIXE TASTING MENU:
Jack Falstaff is offering La Cena de Familia, a new prix fixe tasting menu, every night of the week. La Cena de Familia -- named in Spanish as an homage to Executive Chef Jonnatan Leiva's El Salvadorean roots -- is offered in addition to the regular à la carte and Chef's Tasting Menu at Jack Falstaff. The menu changes seasonally and includes dishes that are homey and hearty such as braised oxtail with fettuccine and buttermilk-fried chicken. Each course is served in an abundant portion in the center of the table.
The current La Cena De Familia menu follows.:
First Course Blood Orange Salad Sausalito Watercress Fennel / Toasted Walnuts
Second Course Pepper-Crusted Kobe Beef Roasted Artichokes / Fingerling Potatoes
Third Course Truffled Sottocencere Cheese Pear Jam / Toast
Fourth Course Carrot Cupcake Cream Cheese Frosting
La Cena De Familia costs $40.00 per person exclusive of tax, tip and beverages. To experience this dining option, parties of three or more must agree to order the menu together.
For reservations, call 415-836-9239 or book online at www.jackfalstaff.com.
598 Second Street (at Brannan)
San Francisco, CA 94107