The WHO, World Health Organization, has raised their pandemix alert to Phase 5. It's important to stay informed. If you sign up to Twitter, Currenthealth is reviewing all the data and posting three times a day updates in simple to understand digests.
Here is what you can do:
- Hand washing is very important.
- Have some extra supplies on hand. Should there be a full blown panic, everything non-essential will shut down.
- Try to find some n95 masks.
- Know who to call should you get symptoms.
- Know where to go or have a plan.
- Who is making house calls.
- Are you connected with your doctor or doctors office.
- Are you following the information online: http://twitter.com/Currenthealth.
Dr. Jordan Shlain founded Current Health, then called On Call Medical Group in 1997 because he wanted to run a medical practice that puts priority on the doctor-patient relationship. During his residency, Dr. Shlain had the opportunity to provide a house call for an elderly patient-an experience that made a lasting impression. He realized he was able to spend the amount of time with a patient necessary to offer the best care in the comfort of the patient's own home. Dr. Shlain found that this unhurried, more comprehensive way of practicing medicine is consistent with the natural instincts of a doctor: being concerned first and foremost with the care of each patient.Dr. Shlain is also an assistant clinical professor at the UCSF Medical Center and a medical economics lecturer at UC Berkeley. He is also the Northern California medical director for Lufthansa Airlines, and is on the board of directors for the San Francisco Medical Society. He received a BA from the University of California at Berkeley and an MD from Georgetown University Medical School.