Organic Baby Greens with Cherry Vinaigrette, Fresh Cherries and Roasted Walnuts with Laura Chenel Goat Cheese Crouton
- 1-1/2 c Cherry juice
- One Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 c Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tblsp Honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Pinch of crushed chilies if desired
- 3/4 pound mixed organic baby greens
- 1 pound cherries, pitted and halved (2 cups)
- 1/4 pound (1 cup) walnuts, lightly toasted
Whisk together cherry juice, freshly squeezed lemon juice. Slowly add extra virgin olive oil and honey.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the mixed greens with about 1/2 cup of the dressing. Arrange the pitted cherries, toasted walnuts over top, sprinkle with any remaining cherry juice
By Chef Faz Poursohi
- 6 Fresh Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Heat 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Place boneless chicken breast skin side down. Sauté until skin is golden.
- Flip breasts to skin side up and place in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes depending upon desired doneness.
Makes enough for 6 chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 4 cups pitted fresh Cherries
- 1-2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- Pay close attention, as you caramelize sugar/water mixture until light golden. Carefully add chicken stock; whisk well.
- Add pitted Cherries, simmer to reduce and concentrate flavors or add 1-2 tablespoons of corn starch to thicken. Pour mixture through fine strainer for a smooth consistency or serve as is.
- Slice chicken breast on the diagonal and serve with Fresh Cherry Sauce.
Bacchini's Fruit Tree is a family operated Picked and U-Pick fruit stand located in beautiful Brentwood, California just 60 miles east of San Francisco. Growing premium quality fruits since 1945. Each year they open during May & June to offer our fresh fruit, grown in our orchard, for you to pick!
Bacchini's Fruit Tree
2010 Walnut Blvd.
Brentwood, Ca 94513
Chef Faz Poursohi