Steak Sandwich with Caesar Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 pounds leftover grilled or pan seared steak, thinly sliced
- 4 large leaves from the hearts of Romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 4 crusty sandwich rolls
- To make the mayonnaise, in the small bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine all of the ingredients. For best flavor, let sit 20-30 minutes before using or scrape into a container and refrigerate for up to a month.
- Assemble the sandwiches by slathering some of the mayonnaise on both cut sides of the sandwich rolls. Divide the meat between the bottoms, then top with lettuce and replace the tops of the rolls.