PASTA WITH CHAMPAGNE CARBONARA
- 12 slices of Thick Nieman Ranch bacon (chopped into half inch pieces)
- 1 sweet onion (minced)
- 1 head of garlic - after roasting, use 4 cloves
- 1/2 cup good champagne
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas
- 1/4 cup fresh green onions
- 1 pound of fettucini
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of finely grate parmesan
INTO YOUR GARLIC ROASTER - 350 for 30 minutes
Chop the top and bottom off the Head of Garlic
Drizzle Olive Oil
Get BOTH a LARGE Pan and a LARGE POT going at one time - the first for the sauce and the second to boil the water for the pasta
INTO A LARGE SAUTE PAN ON MEDIUM HEAT ADD THE BACON, MINCED ONION AND THE ROASTED GARLIC.
COOK UNTIL BACON IS DONE AND ONIONS ARE SLIGHTLY CARMELIZED.
ADD THE ½ CUP OF CHAMPAGNE.
TURN THE HEAT DOWN TO LOW.
ADD THE CUP OF PEAS AND THE ¼ CUP OF GREEN ONIONS.
LEAVE HEAT ON LOW.
INTO THE SECOND POT, GET SOME WATER BOILING FOR A POUND OF PASTA ADD 1 POUND OF FETTUCINI PASTA. COOK UNTIL AL DENTE (3-5 MINUTES).
ONCE PASTA IS AL DENTE, DRAIN WELL AND ADD THE INGREDIENTS FROM YOUR SAUCE PAN. THEN ADD 2 LARGE FRESH EGGS AND STIR.
ADD THE CUP OF PARMESEAN CHEESE.
TURN THE HEAT OFF!
STIR, SERVE and ENJOY!
OLIVE AND BLACK SESAME OIL SALAD DRESSING
- 1 cup Lemon juice - it is a big batch because we grow our own salad greens so we make a lot of salads
- 2/3 of a cup Olive Oil - Living Tree Community Foods
- 1/3 of a cup Black Sesame - Living Tree Community Foods
- 1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Cloves of Pressed Garlic
- 1 Tbls Fresh Herbs
- We grow Basil and Thyme so we will use:
- 4 Large Basil Leaves Minced
- 1/4 Tablespoon Minced Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Stir, beat really until mixed
- Pour over your salad and Enjoy!
For more information, visit WWW.GREENMYSCENE.COM
In Greenmyscene.com, Mother of 3, Beth Synder uses video and the Internet to "Inspire Sustainable You", featuring Bay Area people as well as herself and family being "more" sustainable. Whether it's cooking, or tips around the house or recycling old wood - EVERYONE can do a few things to be MORE sustainable. In her spare time, Beth volunteer teaches a Green Class at her Local Charter School - Bullis Charter School.