Steak and Eggs
- 8 oz.top sirloin steak or filet mignon
- 1 TB.hijiki seaweed
- 1 t.lemon juice
- 1 t.sesame oil
- 2 t.soy sauce
- 1 t.black garlic
- 1/2 t.togarashi
- 2 t.fresh grated horseradish
- 1 TB.sake
- 4 ea.quail eggs
- 1/4 C.panko bread crumbs
- 2 TB.olive oil
- 1 C.mizuna tossed with a little salt and olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up the steak and keep refrigerated.
- Soak the seaweed in cold water for an hour and drain.
- Toss with lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Combine the soy sauce, mashed black garlic, togarashi, horseradish and sake in a bowland whisk together.Reserve until ready to serve.
- Heat 1 TB. of the olive oil in a saute pan and saute bread crumbs with pinch of salt until brown. Set aside to cool.
- Toss the chopped steak into the vinaigrette and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mound on 4 plates.
- Heat the other 1 TB. of olive oil in a saute pan and fry the quail eggs sunny side up.
- Set an egg on each mound of steak tartar. Sprinke eggs with bread crumbs. Set a little of the hijiki next to each mound of tartare. Spread some of the mizuna leaves around each plate and serve.
Here's where you can meet Elizabeth Falkner and Jamie Lauren at SF Chefs. Food. Wine. Thursday and Friday!
Jamie Lauren at the Opening Night Rising Star Chefs, on Thursday, August 6th
Elizabeth Falkner, Incredible Edible Egg Class, Friday, Aug 7
Orson in the Grand Tasting Tent, Friday, August 7th
Elizabeth and Jamie at the Out in Fog event, Friday, August 7th
Jamie Lauren in As Seen on TV, August 7th
Taste more at http://www.sfchefsfoodwine.com
SF CHEFS: OUT IN THE FOG
Friday, August 7th
508 4th St
San Francisco, CA 94107
Purchase tickets in advance at http://www.sfchefsfoodwine.com.
Proceeds from the event benefit Project Open Hand
Out in the Fog at Orson
Come Out in the Fog for a San Francisco style celebration of food, drink, and our incredibly diverse culinary culture.
Enjoy the swank surrounds of Orson while indulging in some of the best bites and beverages in the city, and celebrate the opening night of San Francisco Chefs. Food. Wine.