The brief goes on to say the investigation has been farmed out to the Sonoma County Sheriff's Department to avoid a conflict of interest. There are no details about what type of misconduct for which Perdock is being investigated.
We've reported there are discrepancies between Perdock's account of his actions before the crash and what witnesses are prepared to testify. Perdock has said he did not stop by Konocti Resort's outdoor bar before the crash, but several witnesses will testify he was there.
Perdock is now scheduled to testify Tuesday morning, unless he decides to take the fifth -- to not answer certain questions for fear of self-incrimination. We'll be there and will bring you the story live as it happens on Twitter, the I-Team Blog and ABC7 News at 6.
- Boat trial stunner: Perdock doesn't testify
- Boat crash trial underway in Lake County
- Manslaughter charge dropped in Lake Co. case
- Fatal Lake Co. boat crash case falling apart
- New info. derails fatal boat crash case
- Victim's family: "Wrong man charged"
- Judge says boat pilot should stand trial
- Preliminary hearing into Clear Lake boat crash
- Fatal boat crash: Conflict of interest?
- Preliminary hearing underway in boat crash
- Court appearance in fatal boat crash case
- Official changing story in fatal boat crash
- Dept. of Justice to investigate boat crash
- Unusual tactics by boat crash investigators
- Lawsuit negotiations in fatal boat crash
- Fatal boat crash: Witnesses tell different story
- Fatal boat crash: Wrong man charged?
Have a tip on this or another investigation? E-mail the ABC7 I-Team or call 1-888-40-I-TEAM.