Investigators from the sheriff's office and Antioch and Pittsburg police found the bone fragments Aug. 31 on the Garridos' property and on their neighbor's property, which the Garridos' had access to.
They were sent to the Department of Justice's Forensic Services Bureau for analysis, but experts were not able to recover any human DNA from them, Lee said.
Sheriff's investigators also confirmed today they are continuing to follow up on an earlier report of two young girls, believed to be 6 or 7 years old, who had reportedly been seen with Phillip Garrido before his arrest.
The girls are not believed to be the two daughters /*Phillip Garrido*/ fathered with kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard.
Investigators have conducted numerous interviews and probation searches, but still have not been able to find any evidence of the two girls.
Anyone with information about them is asked to call the sheriff's office at (925) 313-2630.
Phillip and Nancy Garrido remain in custody in El Dorado County on charges stemming from the 1991 abduction of /*Jaycee Dugard*/, who was 11-years old when she was snatched near her South Lake Tahoe home.
Dugard, now 29, was allegedly forced to live in a series of tents and sheds in the Garridos' backyard for 18 years, where she gave birth to two daughters fathered by Phillip Garrido.
- PHOTOS: Inside the Garrido home
- PHOTOS: Jaycee Dugard case
- RAW VIDEO: Witness talks about Michaela Garecht kidnapping
- Garrido's 1976 Reno rape police report (88 pages)
- Phillip Garrido's criminal history timeline (2 pages)
- LINK: FBI podcast about solving Dugard's case
- PHOTOS: Jaycee Lee Dugard's daughters
- RAW VIDEO: UC Berkeley press conference
- RAW VIDEO: Garridos in court
- AUDIO: Phillip Garrido Jailhouse interview
- RAW VIDEO: Contra Costa Co. Sheriff's Dept. press conference
- RAW VIDEO: El Dorado County press conference
- RAW VIDEO: Dept. of Corrections press conference
- ABC7 EXTRA: Reaction from Dugard's stepfather
- Phillip Garrido sends first letter from jail
- Massive search at Garrido home ends
- Investigators dig for clues at Phillip Garrido's property
- Cadaver dogs point to spot on Garrido property
- Sole witness recalls Michaela Garecht kidnapping 20 years later
- Garrido home searched in separate high-profile abductions
- Jaycee's aunt: "We laughed and cried together"
- Police believe Garrido kidnapped girl in 1972
- Old police records foreshadow kidnappings
- Garrido's 1976 rape victim talks to GMA
- Abduction invokes saga of Elizabeth Smart
- 29 charges filed against kidnapping suspects
- Garrido's father: "He's absolutely out of his mind"
- UC Berkeley police broke Dugard case
- Tahoe girl kidnapped in 1991 found alive
Mailing address (for cards and letters)
c/o McGregor Scott, Esq.
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
400 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814