Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Pizza
Makes one large pizza, two small pizzas or four individual pizzas
- 1 lb. Pizza Dough - traditional or honey wheat
- ¼ Cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 Cups Canned Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 (12 oz.) Bag Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 Chocolate Kisses (per pizza)
- 2 Cups Whipped Cream
- 1 Cup Candy Corn
Equipment note: You'll need a 16" pizza stone, wooden pizza peel and mesh strainer
- Place a seasoned pizza stone in the middle of your oven and preheat to 450 degrees Farenheit for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll and shape the dough into 1 large, 2 medium or 4 individual pumpkin-shaped crusts with raised rims, and place on a floured pizza peel. If making 4 pizzas, prepare 2 at a time.
- Place the sugar in a fine-mesh strainer and sift a thin, even layer of sugar over the dough. This will caramelize as the pizza bakes.
- Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake for 5 minutes to set the dough. Once all of the crusts have been partially cooked, spread each with a thin layer of pumpkin pie filling and return to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the filling is set. Remove from the oven and allow the pizza to cool.
- Decorate the pizza using mini chocolate chips to represent the vertical lines, whipped cream for the eys and mouth, chocolate kisses for the eyeballs and candy corn for the teeth.
About Mark Dion:
Mark has been with CPK for over 19 years. He began has a Kitchen Manager and now oversees operations at seven CPK restaurants in California.For more information, visit: www.cpk.com