Kids Culinary Adventure's Lemon Chicken Serves 4-6
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, cut julienne
- 3 cups green beans cut into 1-1/2" lengths
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ Cup toasted pecan nuts ( optional )
- 3 cups cooked cubed chicken breast
- Juice from one small Meyer Lemon
- 1 T. Meyer Lemon Gremolata (see below)
- Prepare all ingredients ready to stir-fry. Combine cornstarch and chicken stock and blend well, set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a wok of heavy skillet.
- Cook onion for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken stock mixture. Increase heat to medium high and add green beans, red pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chicken, pecans and reduce heat to low. While chicken is warming. Add Zest and minced garlic with chopped parsley together set aside.
- When chicken is thoroughly heated add. Finish with Meyer Lemon Gremolata an lemon juice to adjust flavors.
- Stir fry additional few minutes until flavors are released .
- Serve Bento style with brown rice.
- 1 Meyer lemon zested
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Combine ingredients together to make a seasoning used to adjust flavoring in soup stews or just about anything.
Chef Natalie is the Center Director for Kids Culinary Adventures. Growing up in Fort Bragg. California, she was very active in her local 4-H program, projects ranging from sewing to raising hogs, with a little woodworking in between.
She attended Sonoma State University receiving her Bachelor's of Arts in American Multicultural Studies, with an emphasis in Education.
Chef Natalie continued her education at the California Culinary Academy's, Le Cordon Bleu Culinary program where she graduated with high honors! Chef Natalie brings together her culinary education and multicultural studies to Kids Culinary Adventures.