Makes 10 servings
- 1 3/4 lb Celery -- $2.69 per serving
- 1 3/4 lb Fennel -- $3.36 per serving
- 2/3 lb Cucumber -- 0.58 per serving
- 1/4 lb Honey -- $1.00 per serving
- 1/4 lb Pine Nuts -- $2.00 per serving
- 1 1/2 oz Mint -- 0.15 per serving
- 1/4 lb Brioche Bread -- $1.55 per serving
- 1 1/2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil -- $4.45 per serving
- 1/4 cup Sherry Vinegar -- $5.48 per serving
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper -- .16 per serving
- Clean celery, fennel and cut into julienne. Blanch vegetables and mint in salted water for one minute. Put immediately into ice bath.
- Soak the bread in vinegar and put into a hermetically sealed receptacle with the blanched vegetables and remaining ingredients (except olive oil) for 12 hours.
- Blend ingredients. While blending, pour a thin stream of olive oil to emulsify mixture.
- Season and refrigerate until serving. Serve in a shot glass with lemon granita and bread wrapped shrimp.
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1/3 cup sugar -- 0.18 per serving
- ½ cup lemon juice -- 0.69 per serving
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil to dissolve sugar.
- Place in freezer for at least 4 hours
- Remove from freezer and scrape with fork.
- 4 Louisiana white shrimp -- $7.00 per serving
- 4 slices baguette (lengthwise) -- 0.62
- Salt and pepper .18
- 4 wooden brochettes
- Olive oil .20 -- per serving
- Remove the shell of the shrimp. Season.
- Place each shrimp on a brochette.
- Wrap in baguette slices.
$3.00 a serving
About Big City Chefs:
Big City Chefs is America's elite nationwide agency for restaurant quality personal chefs and private chefs, and the stars of the hit TV show, "Private Chefs of Beverly Hills," airing Fridays at 10 p.m. on the Food Network.
For more information, visit www.bigcitychefs.com