An Indian Burger
From Anamika Khanna, Owner & Executive Chef, Kasa Indian Eatery
This recipe brings life to the everyday burger by layering in Indian flavors. Using ground turkey and yogurt dip adds a further taste twist and makes the dish a healthier choice for your family.
Makes 4 burgers. Total cost = $2.91 per person.
Ingredients For patties:
- 1 lb - ground turkey ($4.39)
- 1 oz - lime juice ($0.50)
- 1/2 green chili, minced ($0.35)
- 1 oz - ginger, finely chopped ($0.35)
- 1 oz - garlic, finely chopped ($0.35)
- 2 oz - onions, finely chopped ($0.50)
- 1 oz - fresh cilantro, finely chopped ($0.35)
- 1 oz - cilantro seeds, ground ($0.35)
- 1 tsp - olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 Burger Buns ($2.80)
- Lettuce ($0.35)
- 4 sliced Tomatoes ($0.60)
- 4 tbsp - plain yogurt ($0.50)
- 1 tbsp - mint, finely chopped ($0.25)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients for the patties together in a bowl
- Form four patties
- Grill on an open flame or on a grill pan on medium high heat until fully cooked through (approx. 10mins).
- Mix together the yogurt dip ingredients.
- Toast the burger buns as desired and spread the yogurt dip on both sides. Place each burger on a bun, layer with lettuce and tomatoes and enjoy!
About Anamika Khanna:
The passionate team behind Kasa includes British-born, lawyer-turned-mother-turned-chef Anamika Khanna and business geek-turned-aspiring restaurateur Tim Volkema. Anamika's been cooking Indian food since she was a little girl growing up in London and India. A graduate of the London School of Economics and a former lawyer in the UK, she can't wait to finally share her vision of Indian food with a broader audience.
4001 18th Street @ Noe
3115 Fillmore @ Filbert