Rigatoni with Kale, Cauliflower and Ricotta
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed to a paste with a pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle
- sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 pound rigatoni
- 1 bunch kale, "zipped" and chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florettes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mashed garlic, ricotta and olive oil. Set aside.
- When water is boiling, add the rigatoni. Boil for 4 minutes and add the kale and cauliflower.
- Boil an additional 6 minutes (or however much longer the package indicates) and drain. Transfer pasta and vegetables back to the pot and toss with garlic oil, butter and parmesan.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired and serve.
About Lia Huber:
A veteran food writer and recipe developer for several national magazines, Lia Huber is the founder and CEO of Nourish Network.
Nourish Network-like an online magazine meets Facebook for food-lovers-empowers people to maintain a healthy body, a comfortable weight and an eco-clean conscience while getting more pleasure from food.
Viewers connect over bite-sized articles, scrumptious recipes, kitchen tips video clips and a social media hub to explore how we nourish ourselves, each other and the earth we share through the food we eat.
For more information About Nourish Network, visit nourishnetwork.com