Fire prompts residential care home evacuations

SAN JOSE, CA

The fire was reported at 1:24 p.m. at 230 N. Morrison Ave. Twenty residents were evacuated from the residential care home. Firefighters had the blaze controlled by 2 p.m., fire Capt. Chuck Rangel said.

The evacuated residents were expected to be able to return this afternoon, he said.

Rangel said the fire was accidental, and that it started when an electrical box behind a refrigeration unit malfunctioned.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright © 2019 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.