- 4 cuts rib eye steak, 6 ounces each
- 20 pieces green asparagus
- 8 ounces tapenade
- 2 cups couscous
- Place the couscous in a shallow dish or pan, and add 3½ cups of boiling water. Cover until all water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Stir with a fork to separate, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Cut the last 2 inches off the bottom of the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and grill for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Season the rib eye with salt and pepper and cook for about 6 minutes on each side for medium rare. Let rest for 3 minutes before slicing.
- Spoon one serving of couscous on a plate and place 5 pieces of asparagus over it. Slice the rib eye and place on top of the asparagus.
- Place 2 halves of the roasted tomatoes next to the asparagus, and spoon the tapenade over the rib eye.
- 1 cup Nicoise olives, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix all the ingredients on a mixing bowl and season with black pepper to taste.
>> PRINT A SHOPPING LIST FOR THIS RECIPE
About Calistoga Ranch:
Located in a private canyon on 157 acres just outside the town of Calistoga, Calistoga Ranch encompass 46 guest lodges offering overnight accommodations, spa services, historic Lake Lommel, and the private Lakehouse Restaurant and lounge.
The property's contemporary architecture is inspired by its natural surroundings, and created to fit the landscape, with a focus on an indoor-outdoor lifestyle.
In keeping with the rich heritage of Napa Valley, Calistoga Ranch features an on-site vineyard and mountain wine cave, where owners and guests can share in the process of winemaking and immerse themselves in the wine culture.
Owners and resort guests also enjoy a number of recreational activities including swimming in a pool overlooking the vineyards and oak groves, and hiking on one of the property's numerous trails.
580 Lommel Road
Calistoga, CA 94515
Phone: (707) 254-2830 Website: www.calistogaranch.com
About Auberge Resorts:
Auberge Resorts is a collection of exceptional hotels, resorts and private clubs, each with a unique personality that assures a memorable guest experience.
Among the distinctive properties are Auberge du Soleil, Napa Valley, Esperanza, Cabo San Lucas, Calistoga Ranch, Napa Valley, The Inn at Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton, S.C., Encantado, Santa Fe, N.M. and Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., with several others in development.
While Auberge Resorts nurtures the individuality of each establishment, all are characterized by a set of communal elements: intimate, understated elegance; captivating locations that inspire exceptional cuisine and spa experiences; and gracious yet unobtrusive service.
For more information, visit www.aubergeresorts.com