Serves 2 to 4
- 2 lbs of fresh spinach
- 12 egg whites
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, fat-free, shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Steam the spinach for 1 minute and let cool.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Sauté the onion.
- Mix the spinach, onion, parsley, egg whites, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the skillet with a thin layer of olive oil to prevent the pancakes from sticking.
- Reheat the skillet.
- With a tablespoon, ladle out pancake-size portions into the skillet.
- Cook the pancakes on both sides.
- When the pancakes are ready, put them on a plate.
- Top each one with 1 tsp of Greek yogurt and 1 tsp of salsa.
Almonds and Apples Food Bar
Quantity: 20 Bars
- 1 cup of dried, unsulfured, and unsweetened apples -- 275 calories
- 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate: 85% cacao -- 135 calories
- 2 cups of dried dates -- 605 calories (the weight with pits)
- ¾ cup of prunes -- 350 calories
- 3 tablespoons of roasted and milled flaxseeds -- 90 calories
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds -- 95 calories
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds -- 75 calories
- 1 1/4 cups of almonds -- 900 calories
- Place apples and chocolate in the Cuisinart and blend until the mass becomes dark brown and smooth.
- Add the rest ingredients in the order as follow: dates (pit them first), prunes, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and almonds.
- Blend all the ingredients together until the mass becomes evenly distributed but still chunky. Stop when the mass is dough-like.
- Remove the mass from the Cuisinart and place it on the kitchen board.
- Form a loaf by kneading the mass that is approximately one inch high and 2 inches wide.
- Cut the loaf into even 20 bars.
- Wrap the bars in plastic or paper.
- Keep the bars in the fridge or cool dry place to prevent drying off.
About Aniela and Jerzy Gregorek:
Aniela and Jerzy Gregorek are founders and head coaches of the UCLA weightlifting team, and own a successful personal coaching and athletic training practice in Los Angeles.
Aniela is a five-time World Weightlifting Champion who holds six world records, and Jerzy is a four-time World Weightlifting Champion with one world record. They have devoted the last 30 years to researching and designing The Happy Body Program, and now share that program in a new book, The Happy Body.
The Gregoreks have taught hundreds of people, from housewives and physicians to celebrities to athletes, how to regain the look and feel of being 20 again by following The Happy Body program of nutrition, exercise, and relaxation, which they spent 30 years researching and perfecting.
The key to losing fat according to them is: (1) Always eat "complete" snacks and meals, meaning they contain the proper proportion of protein and vegetables, and do so every 3 hours. (2) Prepare each meal or snack to have only the amount of calories you need for 2 hours. Eating this way turns your body into an efficient fat-burning machine that hums all day long, without leaving you hungry, fatigued, or deprived.
For more information, visit www.thehappybody.com
>> Buy this book on Amazon: The Happy Body: The Simple Science of Nutrition, Exercise, and Relaxation