Dungeness Crab Fritters with Summer Corn and Heirloom Tomato Salad
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup organic unbleached all-purpose sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cage free eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 6 ounces, Dungeness crab or Peekytoe
- 1 bunch of chives, small diced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup White or Yellow Corn kernels, white is preferred
- 1 cup Diced Heirloom Tomatoes
- 4 Basil leaves, julienned
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 5 tablespoon Champagne Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- For batter, sift dry ingredients and add unbeaten eggs, melted butter and milk. Stir well.
- For crab mix, free form crab balls with hand and pour fritter batter to lightly coat. Fry the crab balls in 325 degree frying oil for 3-5 minutes completely submerged.
- For salad recipe, mix corn kernels, heirloom tomatoes and basil. Warm olive oil and vinegar on stove and lightly season with salt to taste. Pour vinaigrette over salad mixture.
- Serve salad on plate and place crab fritter on top.
Hotel Shattuck Plaza
2086 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Phone: (510) 225-6055
SF Chefs 2010
San Francisco's Premier Food, Wine and Spirit Week
Golden Gate Restaurant Association
SFChefs 2010 presented by Visa Signature, is a food and wine event celebrating the unique flavor, diversity and bounty of Northern California. The main tasting tent will be in Union Square, where chefs, wine makers and distillers will offer an exploration of taste featuring local products.
Classes and seminars will offer interactive opportunities for the public to participate with local farmers, ranchers, chefs, winemakers, distillers, media, luminaries, authors, vintners, mixologists and culinary experts in an entertaining forum.The Cause.
SFChefs 2010 will support the Golden Gate Restaurant Association Scholarship Foundation. The foundation grants financial scholarships to students from the Bay Area entering culinary and hospitality programs. The applications are reviewed by the Scholarship Foundation Board of Trustees.
Qualified candidates are then interviewed to complete the selection process. The trustees base awards on the financial needs of the student. The goal of the scholarship program is to allow students to continue their education, and to select those motivated individuals who need the most financial assistance to enable them to pursue their education. Sustainability.
Please join us in our goal of achieving a zero waste event creating no landfill. All paper products will be recycled, all disposable silverware and glassware is made from corn resin and will be composted after use.
We are proud to be partnering with Recology. They will work with us throughout the event to assist in properly composting and recycling. The event is centered at Union Square. We encourage you to walk from morning seminars to the Grand Tasting Tent and enjoy the urban experience. At A Glance.
For more information about the Golden Gate Restaurant Association, visit www.ggra.org
2010 Event Dates:
- August 9-15 - SF Chefs 2010 Restaurant Week
- August 10-13 - Industry Seminars
- August 12 - VIP Spice Party
- August 13-15 - Consumer Seminars
- August 13 - Sommelier Awards Luncheon
- August 13 - Hog in the Fog Opening Party on Union Square
- August 14 - VIP Sugar Party
- August 14 - Top Chef Happy Hour
- August 14-15 - Grand Tasting Tent
- August 14 - Fork it Over Foodraiser 2010
335 Powell Street
San Francisco, CA 94102