Many multi-retailer sites have back to school specific areas:
- Compare prices on a comparison shopping engine like Become.com.
- Keep shipping dates in mind - you don't want to be stuck without a lunch bag or backpack on the first day back.
- Remember you can ship things directly to college, this will cut down on how many things the student needs to carry with them on the airplane/in the car
- Goodhousekeeping.com provides great back-to-school shopping lists for every grade.
- OfftoCollege.com provides great information about the admissions process, financial aid and more AND they offer a great checklist that you can print out of everything you need to bring.
- Bed Bath & Beyond has an entire section titled "We Love College" with a great checklist.
- Amazon.com lets you shop by room type.
Lee Cohen is the Senior Director, Business Development & Sales of Become.com.
To read the blog, go to therealdeal.become.com.